Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Six weeks of Bringing it with P90x

Inspired by the 2010 5% body weight challenge on Spark People, Wayne and I finally buckled down and focused on eating better. We've been kicking it hard with P90x for the last 6 weeks, but haven't lost much weight. We can see a difference in definition--Wayne's love handles and belly and my arms and legs--but the scales haven't moved much.

Exercising hard will only shed so much weight if you don't combine it with sensible eating. So for the last week we've kicked our new healthier lifestyle into overdrive. No junk. No after dinner snacking. No skipped workouts. Today was Kenpo X of P90x. I love this workout. With almost every move I would say, "Oh, I love this one."

Near the end Wayne lost his patience and said, "You love every move."

Okay, so he has a point. But I love P90x. It is so fun and energetic. The hour flies by. I love how my shirt is dripping wet by the end. I love the buzz you can only get from a great workout. Most of all, I love the way my belly doesn't jiggle as much while jumping rope. I love feeling and looking narrower in the mirror. I love the way my husband's belly seems to shrink after nearly every workout.

If you haven't tried it yet, you really must give it a try. If two old fogies like Wayne and me can see results by doing it, anyone can. And don't give me the excuse that you're not in good enough shape for such an extreme routine. Wayne has never done this type of aerobic activity before. He's past 50 and had knee surgery in November. But he's there kicking it with me every morning.

If you want to see results, give P90x a try. You won't be sorry. If you are, at least you'll be sorry and ripped. Bring it.

In case you haven't figured it out I am a Product Partners LLC affiliate.

No comments:

Post a Comment