Monday, March 8, 2010

Seven Pounds

I signed up for the Spring 5% Challenge on Spark People. Participants are challenged to lose 5% of their body weight in 8 weeks. That means I need to lose 7 pounds by the first of May while Wayne needs to shed 11.

A person must create a deficit of 3500 calories in order to lose one pound. To lose seven pounds in eight weeks I need to lessen my daily caloric intake by 500 calories. That equals one pound a week with a week thrown in for mistakes.

Since I know beyond the shadow of a doubt I am getting the proper exercise I need to make some big eating changes. This includes portion control, not feeding my body garbage, and controlled snacking. Slim in 6, the same people who bring you the other Beachbody programs featured on this blog, claims to reshape your body in 6 weeks. The secret is Debbie's exclusive Slim Training® technique, which combines fat-burning cardio with light resistance moves to help you slim and sculpt your body without bulking you up! You'll literally shrink your midsection and get slim, sexy thighs, hips, and arms—all in just 6 WEEKS.

Sounds perfect. Slim in 6 comes with revolutionary tools to track my progress. No guesswork. No wondering if I'm doing it right. There is even a money back guarantee if I'm not completely satisfied. What about you? Do you have 7 pounds to lose? Or 70? Do you want to get in shape for summer? Take a chance. What have you got to lose?

The answer for me is seven Pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment