Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cutting calories

Cutting enough calories to lose a pound of body fat is harder than you would think. I don't have much to lose, seven pounds, so it's harder than if I wanted to shed, say, 50 over the next year.

I had an extreme case of the munchies last night before bed. It wasn't just boredom grazing or watching TV and needed something to do with my hands. I was hungry. To lose 7 pounds in 8 weeks I must carve 500 calories from my daily intake. And late night snacking is my biggest problem. Especially when I stayed within my calorie range all day like a good girl.

Slim in 6 looks like a great program. I know I can't expect to lose all my weight in 6 weeks and then never worry again. Losing weight quickly is how most people get into trouble. We go at it like gangbusters in the beginning, shed a few pounds, maybe even fit into that bikini, and then fall off the wagon. We end up gaining back more than we lost in the first place.

Who wants to do that?

Slim in 6 trains you to reshape your body with fat-burning cardio exercise and light resistance to slim and sculpt. The key is to eat less and keep the weight off for good. That's what it's all about. This is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix to fit into a bikini.

Let me know how the journey goes. I'll be here, shedding those last 7 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment