Thursday, February 4, 2010

One Week with P90x

Wayne and I have finished our first full week with P90x. We started the program on Thursday so we made a few alterations to make Sunday our rest day. Instead of resting yesterday (Wednesday) we did Shoulders and Arms followed by Ab Ripper X.

Wow!

If you have not done these workouts yet, you are missing out on a powerful, intense series of moves. Some of you reading this might be women who would rather focus on sculpting your butt, reducing your thighs, and burning butter. I feel you, sista. That's what I look for in a workout. But P90x works on the theory that you must work your entire body from head to toe in order to achieve maximum results.

I know it's all in my head, but after only 7 workouts, I already feel thinner, leaner, more sculpted. Like I'm taking up less space. Wayne is sore as a boil. During our workouts, he grunts and groans and tells me I'm trying to kill him. But he's a sport. We're bonding, building muscle and having a blast. I've worked out for years, always alone. I have to tell you, doing it with my wonderful husband makes it so much more fun. The time flies by.

Don't despair if you don't have a workout buddy. Just get off the couch and keep pushing play.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment