Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 2 of P90x

Today Wayne and I finished our second day of P90x. I did measurements the day before yesterday--boy, were those a wake-up call. Today after the workout we took our before and after pics. You are supposed to take them on Day 1, Day 30, Day 60 and Day 90. We'll stay up to date from here on out.

Here are some of our beginning measurements in inches:
Jenna
hip--37
waist--28.75
tummy--33.25
right bicep flexed--11.5

Wayne
chest--45.75
waist--46.5
neck--16.5
right bicep flexed-- 14.75

On the DVD included in our package, Tony said most women don't see results for up to 60 days. 60 days? Why am I not surprised? Men get all the breaks when it comes to exercising and losing weight. They lose faster and easier, build muscle faster, and get the affirmation from family and friends sooner. Wayne's results will be that much more evident since he has more fat mass to lose than me

I'm not too bummed though. I've been at this whole exercise/fitness routine since the beginning of '08 when I joined Spark People. Since then I've lost about 20 pounds and gained back a few.

My goal with P90x is to finally reach my goal weight--perhaps even surpass it--and maintain it for the rest of my life. I really need to bring my cholesterol below 200--yeah, it's way too high even though I'm in good physical condition. For my vanity's sake, I want a butt that doesn't stop moving five minutes after I do, and I want to get rid of my muffin top.

When I asked Wayne his goals, his immediate reply was, "Lose my gut."

I said, "What about your blood pressure?"

He said, "Oh, yeah, that too." Currently 160 over 80 (Yikes!), that should be his first priority, not to mention lowering his cholesterol and relieving the pain in his knees and back.

So here we go, folks. Two days down. 88 to go. Not as bad as I feared, but still a killer of a workout. Won't you join us and let us know you're progress.

Click the pic to the right to order P90x for yourself.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment